Day 2 of Blogging University prompted to make a list. I chose to write about Things I’ve Learned over Things I Regret hopping for a more positive angle. Writing about regrets could end up writing a book!
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:
“When a man dies, his deeds come to an end except for three things: Sadaqah Jariyah (ceaseless charity); knowledge which is beneficial; or a virtuous descendant who prays for him (the deceased).”[Sahih Muslim]
- Improve – Work on being a better person, daughter and wife instead of blaming others.
- Redha – Surrender to Allah’s decree, happiness and calmness follow this acceptance.
- Forgive – With acceptance comes forgiveness of others that have hurt me and leads to my inner peace.
- Bite your tongue – Think before saying things that could hurt your spouse. Contrary to popular beliefs, total honesty is not necessarily the best policy. A little tactfulness goes a long way.
- Change your response – It’s easier to change your response towards your spouse than to change him.
- Marry the family – When you marry a person, you marry their whole family. Best to have the ability to get along with the whole family. And this should work on both sides.
- Compromise – Sacrifices are in order to reach a mutual agreement.
- Children – Better to have them early instead of later. They bring out the worst and best of each other. The best is worth all the trouble. You have more energy if you’re younger. Chasing young kids nearing your 40s takes a toll on you. Also, you don’t want your kids’ friends to think you’re the grandmother instead.
- Listen to your mother – Whatever she said about marriage are all true wisdom!
- Marketing – Consistency is key. Also having a budget!
- Content – Is King, and can be repurposed in different media.
- Learning & Mentoring – Is a lifelong journey. I learned the hard way. Save your troubles and get the right person to lead you the right path.
- Circle / Networking – Helps you to remain positive and create the right momentum. They can inspire you to take the right or immediate action and support your marketing efforts.
- Team – The right people with the right attitude to help your business grow and not just be a one-man show.
- Action –You can go to as many classes and be friends with as many people, but without making the steps to take action, don’t expect any changes and all will go to waste.